About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Friday, January 8, 2010

PEANUT BUTTER PUDDING

Pudding out of a box in no way compares with pudding made from scratch. This silky concoction has a wonderful flavor, is simple to make, and smoothly satisfying.

1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup half-and half
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in a heavy saucepan; gradually whisk in milk and half-and-half. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Boil, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Remove pudding from heat. (It will be thin.) Add peanut butter and vanilla, whisking until smooth. Pour pudding into a bowl; place plastic wrap directly over the top of warm pudding. Chill 2 hours.
To Serve: Garish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings, if so desired.

“Without Elvis none of us could have made it.”~Buddy Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment