About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Friday, January 8, 2010

SHRIMP CRAB DIVINE

This recipe comes from the family I cook for and it is a true treasure. If you don't eat meat but like seafood, this is special enoiugh to take center stage on your Thanksgiving or Christmas table.

1 lb. crabmeat
1 lb. cooked shrimp, peeled
1/2 of a green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 small jar pimientoes, chopped
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. pepper
3/4 cup raw rice
1 cup celery, chopped
1 lg. jar sliced mushrooms
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup half-and-half cream

Pick over crabmeat, removing bits of shell. Cook rice according to package directions. Combine with all remaining ingredients and pour into large casserole dish. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
Serves 10.

"Do not overcook this dish. Most seafoods...should be simply threatened with heat and then celebrated with joy."~ Jeff Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment