About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 10, 2010

CREME DU CHOCOLATE

The easiest, yet most decadent dessert maybe ever!

2 eggs
1 tablespoon sugar
just a pinch of salt
1 tablespoon brandy or licqueur
1 cup good-quality semisweet chocolate bits, melted
1 cup hot milk
whipped cream, the real thing

In blender combine everything but the whipped cream. Blend thoroughly. Pour into 4 individual dessert cups. Chill. Top with whipped cream before serving.
Serves 4

CHOCOLATE: "As addictive and stimulating as coffee-because of the alkaloid theobroma-its fame as an aphrodisiac has made it symbolic in rituals of romantic courtship. Most womens defenses will crumble before a box of chocolates."~from 'Aphrodite' A Memoir of the Senses, by Isabel Allende...one of my favorite reads

No comments:

Post a Comment