About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 10, 2010

DEATH BY CHOCOLATE

Put the chocolate in the bag and nobody gets hurt.

1 box chocolate cake mix
1 cup Kahlua
2 small packages instant chocolate pudding
5 (1.4oz.) chocolate covered toffee candy bars, crumbled
2 (12oz.) containers Cool Whip, thawed
chocolate curls

Prepare cake according to package directions. Bake in 13X9 pan Cool. Pierce with a fork and drizzle with Kahlua. Refrigerate overnight.
Prepare pudding according to directions. Set aside.
Break cake into small chunks. In a trifle bowl, layer ingredients in this order:
cake, pudding , candy, Cool Whip. Repeat, making 2 or 3 layers.
To prepare chocolate curls, melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips in microwave. Spread on wax paper. When hardened, use vegetable peeler to make curls. Use to garnish top of trifle.
Serves: 12 to 15

"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!"~Lucy Van Pelt (in Peanuts, by Charles M. Schulz)

No comments:

Post a Comment