About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

CREAMY CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP

CREAMY CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
You are going to love this soup!
1 Tbsp. butter
1 lg. onion-chopped
3 cups chopped-cooked chicken
3 (14 1/2 oz.) cans chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 (8oz.) pkg. spaghetti-broken in 2-inch pieces (not cooked)
7 celery ribs-diced
6 medium carrots-diced
1 tsp. each of pepper, poultry seasoning and lemon rind
2 cups milk
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Melt butter in Dutch oven over medium heat; and saute onion until tender. Stir in all ingredients except milk and cheese. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes. Stir in milk and return to a simmer. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese.
"You ask of my companions. Hills sir, and Sundown, and a dog as large as myself that my father bought me. They are better human beings, because they know but do not tell."-Emily Dickenson

No comments:

Post a Comment