About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

SHERRIED MUSHROOM SOUP

"Of all the items on the menu, soup is that which exacts the most delicate perfection and the strictest attention."~Escoffier

2 tablespoons butter
1 small sweet onion, chopped
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
2 (10oz.) cans chicken broth
3 (10oz.) cans cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
1 cup quick brown rice, uncooked
1/2 cup dry sherry
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 (8oz.) pkg. sliced fresh mushrooms
toast points

Melt butter in a large heavy pot over medium-high heat; add onion and garlic powder, and cook, stirring constantly until tender. Add broth; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
Combine soup and next 4 ingredients, whisking until blended; stir into broth mixture. Add rice and next 3 ingredients; cook 20 to 30 minutes or until rice is tender and soup is thickened.
Serve with toast points.
Yield 8 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment