About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 9, 2010

CANCUN COFFEE

This recipe is taken from one of my favorite cookbooks, 'Sip To Shore', by Jan Robinson; Cocktails & Hors d'oeurve, A collection of Caribbean charter yacht concoctions. The Chef, CJ Burns, sails with the yacht 'Grace', and this is what he has to say about this cup of Joe..."This was made for me in Cancun by an aspiring young waiter. Great for a sore throat instead of a hot toddy. Best coffee drink ever! A smooth blend that doesn't taste liquorish!"

Glass: 1 mug
Serves 1

1 lime
Sugar
1/2 oz. kahlua
1/2 oz. anisette (liquorish liqueur)
1 oz. Bailey's Irish Cream
2 or 3 oz. coffee, brewed
Garnish: Whipped cream

Wet lip of coffee mug with lime and dip rim in sugar. Pour liqueurs into mug and fill with cofee. Top with whipped cream.

"Coffee detracts nothing from your intellec; on the contrary, your stomach is freed by it and no longer distresses your brain; it will not hamper your mind with troubles but give freedom to its working. Suave molecules of Mocha stir up your blood, without causing excesive heat; the organ of thought recieves from it a feeling of sympathy; work becomes easier and you sit down without distress."~Prince Talleyrand (1754-1838)

No comments:

Post a Comment