About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Friday, January 8, 2010

SHRIMP BAKED RICE

Serve this in place of your 'customary' dressing and expect rave reviews!

1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup each of chopped celery and green bell pepper
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 stick butter
1 (10oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (10oz.) can Cheddar cheese soup
1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tsp. hot sauce
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp. Creole seasoning
2 cups cooked rice

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Saute onion through garlic in butter in a large skillet. Add the soups and simmer 10 minutes. Add the shrimp through Creole seasoning. Simmer at lowest heat 30 minutes. Stir in the cooked rice. Spoon the mixture into a greased baking dish. Bake, covered, 45 minutes. Serves 6.

"For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment