About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2010

POUND CAKE FRENCH TOAST

The words Pound Cake and French Toast together makes my motor hum. Use any old pound cake you just might have hanging around your kitchen...the possibilities are endless! Just simply batter it and fry it up in a pan...that's what I'm talking about..

3 big eggs
1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
16 (1/2-inch) slices pound cake

Stir together eggs and milk in a shallow dish.
Dip pound cake slices in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides. Cook slices in a lightly greased nonstick skillet in batches over medium heat until golden. Serve with:

MAPLE CREAM

1 cup whipping cream
2 teaspoons vanilla yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Beat whipping cream at high speed of electric mixer just until soft peaks form. Add yogurt and syrup, beating until blended. Let the games begin!

Serves 8

“We eat fried eggs, biscuits and gravy, French toast, things like that. Let's just say they won't set us at a two-person table anymore. So we have enough elbow room, they set us at a four-person table.”~Josh Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment