About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 2, 2010

BAGWAN BEANS

This cold weather we are having makes me long for comfort food. The crock-pot is my favorite small appliance. Just load it up, turn it on, and you can have the makings for a good, wholesome dinner at the end of your day. This hearty beef and bean dinner dish is nourishment at its best. All you need to go with it is a green salad and some crusty rolls.

1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. bacon, diced
1 medium onion, chopped
2 (15oz.) cans pork and beans
1 (16oz.) cans kidney beans, drained
1 (15-oz.) can butter beans, drained
3/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1 tablespoon liquid smoke, optional
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet, stirring until it crumbles. Drain beef, and place in 4-quart electric slow cooker. Combine bacon and onion in same skillet; cook until bacon is crisp. Remove bacon and onion, and place in slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients; cover and cook on High setting for 5 hours.

"Better beans and bacon in peace than cakes and ale in fear."-Aesop

No comments:

Post a Comment