About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2010

LAUREN'S FRENCH TOAST

This yummy concoction was shared by Lauren Peters, Donnie and Shad Peters daughter. I saw her making it one time at the beach and have thought about it ever since. Thank You so very much Ms. Lauren for sharing this great recipe.

Lauren Peters wrote: I don't have the exact recipe. But you start out with some braided bread and cut into 1-1 1/2 in thick slices. Dip those in a basic french toast mixture (that's where I can't remember the exact recipe). Then you coat the bread in Honey Bunches of Oats cereal, with almonds. Put that on the stove till they are nice and crispy and then finish them off in the oven. For the berry mixture you get strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and tangerines; let them soak in sugar and grand marnier. Then just top the toast with the berries, drizzle with some yummy syrup and enjoy!!

"There's a special kind of freedom friends enjoy. Freedom to share innermost thoughts, to show their true feelings. The freedom to simply be themselves."Delete Post

No comments:

Post a Comment