About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, January 4, 2010

GRILLED PINEAPPLE BURGER

We may be in the dead of winter but I can still fantasize about a warm sunny day and burgers on the grill. This recipe is terrific and always a hit with family and friends.

2 lbs. lean ground beef
3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 can (15-oz.) sliced pineapple, drained
8 slices bacon
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Mix ground beef, salad dressing, salt and pepper. Shape into 8 patties, 3=inches in diameter. Press pineapple slice into each patty. Wrap each patty with bacon slice, secure with wooden pick. Mix remaining ingredients. Place patties in glass dish, 13X9 inches. Pour barbecue mixture over patties. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Grill patties pineapple sides down 4 inches from hot coals, 12 to 15 minutes. Turn, brush with barbecue sauce mixture. Grill 10 to 15 minutes more. Heat remaining sauce; serve with patties.
Serves:8

"I walk without flinching through the burning cathedral of the summer. My bank of wild grass is majestic and full of music. It is a fire that solitude presses against my lips."~Violette Leduc, Mad in Pursuit

No comments:

Post a Comment