About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 3, 2010

DRIED CHERRY AND CREAM SCONES

This just happens to be my favorite scone....I rarely make them because they are deadly to my diet...but just every now and then, I can't help myself...

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup chopped dried cherries
1 tablespon grated lemon rind
1 1/4 cups whipping cream
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel

Combine first 4 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir in cherries and 1 tablespoon lemon rind. Add whipping cream, stirring with a fork just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 5 or 6 times, just until dough holds together. Pat dough into an 8-inch circle on an ungreased baking sheet. Cut dough into 8 wedges; seperate wedges slightly. Brush with melted butter. Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspon lemon rind; sprinkle over dough.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden. Remove from pan. Serve warm.
Yiels: 8 scones

No comments:

Post a Comment