About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 9, 2010

FORREST GUMP SHRIMP BAKE

My brother used to call me all the time wanting quick and easy recipes that he could make when he wanted to show off in front of his friends...mostly women. Don't hear from him as much now that he is engaged to be married and that he has his own cookbook that I made just for him entitled "Recipes Even Bill Can Cook".
1 cup-that would be 2 sticks-melted butter
3/4 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. coarsely ground pepper
1 tsp. dried rosemary or 1 Tbsp. fresh
1/8 tsp. ground red pepper-i use at least a 1/4
1 Tbsp. hot sauce
3 cloves garlic-coarsely chopped
2 1/2 lbs. unpeeled large fresh shrimp
2 lemons-thinly sliced
1 medium sweet onion-thinly sliced


Combine first 9 ingredients in bowl; set aside. Layer shrimp, lemons, and onions in an ungreased 9-by-13 baking dish. Pour butter mixture over shrimp. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, or most preferably just until the shrimp turn pink; basting occasionally. Serves 6
Be sure and don't overcook the shrimp and serve with big ol' chunks of hearty bread.


"When I'm old and gray, I want a house by the sea and a damn good kitchen to cook in''....amen sister....I think Mae West said this

No comments:

Post a Comment