About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, January 18, 2010

CURRY CHICKEN SALAD

This recipe is from 'Cooking with Class', my favorite cookbook feaured in todays "Coffee Pot Question of the Day", and is one of my very favorites.

"Make a day ahead"

2 cups mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 1/2 Tbsp. Kikkoman soy sauce
1 rounded Tbsp. curry powder (or less to taste)
1 Tbsp. onion juice
1 Tbsp. chutney, chopped
3 cups diced white meat of chicken or turkey
1 1/2 cups chopped celery
1 (6oz.) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
2 cups seedless white grapes
1 1-lb. can pineapple chunks, well-drained
3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted

Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, soy sauce, curry powder onion juice and chutney. Toss with remaining ingredients except almonds. Nice served in pineapple halves. Serves 8

Recipe submitted by: The Committee

No comments:

Post a Comment