About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2010

CHUTNEY GLAZED CHEESE PATE

Easy hors d'oeuvre and always popular.

6oz. sharp cheddar cheese-grated
1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese-softened
3/4 tsp. curry powder
3 Tbsp. dry sherry
1/4 tsp salt
1 9oz. bottle chutney
1 cup or less of finely chopped green onions

Beat together cheeses, curry, sherry and salt. Spread mixture about 1/2-inch thick on a pretty serving dish. Cover and chill until firm.
At serving time, spread top with chutney and sprinkle with green onions.
Serve with bland crackers, such as water or wheat crackers.
Serves 10 to 12

"It is the common wonder of all men, how among so many millons of faces, there should be none alike."-Thomas Browne

No comments:

Post a Comment