About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 10, 2010

HOT FUDGE SAUCE

Pour some of this sauce over your ice cream, into your coffee, or use as a dip with fresh fruit.

1 (8oz.) pkg. unsweetened chocolate baking squares
1 stick butter
2 cups sugar
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt

Melt chocolate and butter in a large heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Add sugar, stirring until dissolved. Add milk, and cook, stiring contantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. (Do not aloow to boil.) Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and salt. Cover and chill leftover sauce up to 2 weeks.
Yield: 3 1/4 cups.

"Giving chocolate to others is an intimate form of communication, a sharing of deep, dark secrets." ~Milton Zelman, publisher of "Chocolate News"

No comments:

Post a Comment