About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 2, 2010

TANTALIZINGLY GERMAN POTATO SALAD

It would appear that I am on a roll tonight with Crock Pot recipes, so why stop now? I actually have a nice thick sirloin which has been marinating since yesterday in Ketchup, A-1 Sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce, in the crock-pot, at this very moment because it is so COLD & WINDY outside it would be impossible to cook it on the grill. How will it turn out? Who cares? It's steak, it's on Low, and my prediction is a mellow medium rare!

4 small sweet onions, thinly sliced
20 medium red potatoes, cooked and peeled
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons plain flour
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons dry mustard
2 1/2 teaspoons celery seeds
1 1/4 teaspoons pepper
2 3/4 cups water
1 2/3 cups cider vinegar
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced

Place onion in bottom of a 4-qt. Crock Pot. Cut potatoes into quarters; place on top of onion.
Combine flour and next 5 ingredients in a large saucepan; stir well with a wire whisk. Combine water and vinegar; gradually add to flour mixture, stirring well. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened; pour over vegetables.
Cover and cook on Low setting 5 hours. Sprinkle with bacon and top with eggs. Serve warm...that's the whole point.
Serves 12 or more.

"Happiness is like a potato salad - when shared with others -
it's a picnic."~anon

No comments:

Post a Comment