About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2010

FRESH APPLE CAKE WITH HOT BUTTERED RUM SAUCE

This cake is perfect for Fall or anytime. It is moist and delicious as anything you have had the pleasure of eating before. My girlfriend Bonnie thinks it is the best thing ever. She rolls her eyes around and ooohhhs and ahhhhhs every breath. I just sit and laugh at her. Makes me happy to see other people enjoy my cookin'. Hope you enjoy it as well.

1 stick butter-softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 cups self-rising flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. each of ground cinnamon and nutmeg
3 cups peeled chopped apples
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans

Cream butter, gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, beating wel. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture, beating until blended. Stir in apples and pecans. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9-by-13 pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes. While still warm top with:

HOT BUTTERED RUM SAUCE
Combine 1 cup sugar with 1 stick butter and 1/2 cup half-and-half in a saucepen; cook over low heat, stiring occasionally, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in 1 tsp. rum extract or the real thing if you have it...2 or 3 Tbsp.

"I prefer Hostess fruit pies to pop-up toaster tarts because they don't require so much cooking."

No comments:

Post a Comment