About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

TROUT OMELET

"A river is water in its loveliest form; rivers have life and sound and movement and infinity of variation, rivers are veins of the earth through which the life blood returns to the heart."~Roderick Haig-Brown

1 large cooked trout
1/2 of a large onion, diced
1/4 lb. bacon, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 large tomato, diced
6 eggs
1/4 cup half-and-half
1 teaspoon hot sauce
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups grated hot-pepper cheese

Flake fish from bones and set aside. Saute onion and bacon in skillet until onion is soft; add garlic and tomato and saute briefly. Set aside.

Mix together eggs, half and half, hot sauce, and salt and pepper. Add to large, lightly oiled skillet. Cook over low heat until eggs are slightly set. Add onion mixture and fish flakes to one side of egg. Cover and cook about 5 minutes over very low heat. Fold egg mixture in half to cover fish and onion. Cover with cheese, cover skillet, and cook until cheese melts.
Serves: 6

"Where the pools are bright and deep

Where the gray trout lies asleep,
Up the river and o'er the lea
That's the way for Billy and me."~James Hogg

No comments:

Post a Comment