About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 25, 2010

GRILLED PINEAPPLE BURGERS

This recipe is not only unique, it is the bomb! I cannot remember where it came from, but I have been making and cooking these burgers on what ever grill I had at the time for many years. Lean ground beef gets seasoned with Italian dressing and pattied out, then a slice of pineapple gets slapped in the middle of the burger and wrapped in bacon. Have I got your attention yet? A bath of BB-Q sauce, brown sugar, honey and lemon juice finishes it off.

2 lbs. lean ground beef
3 tablespoons Italian dressing
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 can (15 1/4 oz.) sliced pineapple, drained
8 slices bacon
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon honey

Mix ground beef, Italian dressing, salt and pepper. Shape into 8 patties, 3-inches in diameter. Press pineapple slice into each patty. Wrap each patty with bacon slice; secure with wooden pick. Mix remaining ingredients. Place patties in 13X9 glass dish. Pour barbecue sauce mixture over patties. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.

Grill patties, pineapple side down, 4-inches from hot coals, 12 to 15 minutes. Turn, brush with barbecue sauce. Grill 10 to 15 minutes until done.

Heat remaining sauce; serve with patties.

Hamburgers in paradise!!!!
Serves 8

No comments:

Post a Comment