About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

CARROT ZUCCHINI MUFFINS

A healthy version of a favorite muffin.

1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 egg whites
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 teaspoon's vanilla extract
3/4 cup shredded zucchini
3/4 cup shredded carrot
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup raisins

Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in the center of mixture. Combine egg whites, sugar, oil, and vanilla; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Stir in zucchini, carrot, walnuts, and raisins.


Spoon batter into two greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full. Bake at 400 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes or until done. Remove from pans immediately and let cool on a wire rack.Yield: 1 1/2 dozen


One small step for Muffins, One Giant Leap for Muffinkind.

No comments:

Post a Comment