About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 14, 2010

PURPLE POUND CAKE

Purple plum junior baby food stars in this pound cake recipe along with allspice and black walnuts.

2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
3 eggs
2 cups self-rising flour
1 teaspoon allspice
1 jar junior purple plums
1 can black walnuts

Place all ingredients except nuts in mixer bowl. Beat 4 minutes. Add nuts, mixing in well by hand. Pour into greased and floured tube pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Release from pan and allow to cool. Sprinkle a little powdered sugar over the top if you heart so desires.
Serves:16

"I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field"~ ... The Color Purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment