About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, March 8, 2010

PINEAPPLE SALSA

We love this salsa nestled beside of grilled chicken, fish, or pork. It is a delight to your senses of smell, sight, and taste.

1 (20oz.) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar

Combine all ingredients. Chill well prior to serving.

“Salsa has now passed ketchup as America's favorite condiment. Isn't that amazing? You know it's bad when even our vegetables are starting to lose their jobs to Mexico.”~Jay Leno, on the Tonight Show

No comments:

Post a Comment