About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 4, 2010

CORNISH HENS with CRABMEAT STUFFING

This is my second favorite Cornish hen recipe. I like crab meat stuffed in anything!

4 Cornish hens
1 lemon, cut in half
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 clove of garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped celery
1 stick butter
1 cup crab meat
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup fine bread crumbs
1/3 cup half-and-half

Rinse the hens inside and out; pat dry. Rub with the lemon; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.

Saute the garlic, parsley, green onions and celery in the butter in a skillet until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the crab meat, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the bread crumbs. Add the half-and-half gradually, stirring until mixed. Stuff the hens with this mixture and place in a greased baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until cooked through, basting frequently with pan juices.

"I never met a Cornish hen I didn't like!"~Adele Forbes

1 comment:

  1. really good piece of information, I had come to know about your site from my friend shubodh, kolkatta,i have read atleast nine posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your site gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new posts, once again hats off to you! Thanks a lot once again, Regards, cornish hen recipe

    ReplyDelete