About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Friday, March 5, 2010

GOODNESS GRACIOUS GOLDILOCK'S

Perfect for a ski weekend!

3 cups water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 2/3 cups 4-grain hot cereal
2/3 cup raisins
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
2 tablespoons molasses
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup milk

Bring the water and salt to a boil in a large heavy saucepan; reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in the cereal. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the raisins through the nutmeg, mix well. Spoon the cereal mixture into a 2-quart baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake, covered, at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until bubbly. Serve immediately with the milk and additional maple syrup.
Serves 6

"Nanny Ogg looked under her bed in case there was a man there. Well, you never knew your luck."
— Terry Pratchett (Lords and Ladies)

1 comment: