About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Friday, March 5, 2010

SPICY TOMATO ASPIC

Allspice and cloves enhance this favorite aspic.

2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup cold water
2 cups tomato juice
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teasppon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Dash of hot sauce
1 small green pepper, diced
1 tablespoon grated onion
Lettuce

Sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 1 minute.

Combine tomato juice and next 7 ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Add gelatin to hot mixture; stirring until gelatin dissolves. Chill until it is the consistency of unbeaten egg whites.

Fold in green pepper and onion; pour into a lightly oiled 4-cup mold. Cover and chill until firm. Unmold onto a lettuce-lined serving plate.
Serves 6

"Spice it with love and stir it with care, And I'll toast our bright eyes, my sweetheart fair."~Minna Thomas Antrim

No comments:

Post a Comment