About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, March 1, 2010

PIZZA MEATLOAF

I love this meatloaf and anybody that has had the pleasure of tasting it loves it too. It is definately not your ordinary meatloaf, but the combination of all the ingredients come together in a most satisfying way.

2 lb. ground round
2 eggs
1 cup crushed saltines
1 cup milk
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. oregano

Mix all the above ingredinets and place in an 8 or 9-inch baking dish or pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

8 oz. can pizza sauce
3 slices mozzarella cheese-halved
sauteed rings of green bell pepper and sliced mushrooms

Spoon the pizza sauce over the baked meatloaf and arrange the mozzarella slices over the sauce to cover meatloaf. Return to oven for 10 minutes. Place bell pepper and mushrooms over the cheese and serve with mashed potatoes and whatever green vegetable that you like.

"OREGANO: Something your kitchen cannot be without. It's strong flavor and penetrating aroma are typical of Mediterranean cuisine. A handful thrown in the bath shared with your partner is an erotic experience. "-Isabel Allende

No comments:

Post a Comment