About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

BLUE CORN MUFFINS with CHEDDAR CHEESE and PINE NUTS

Increasingly popular blue cornmeal can be found in the specialty section of most supermarkets. Enjoy these gourmet wonders with your favorite soup.

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup blue cornmeal
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted

Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Combine egg through buttermilk; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Add Cheddar cheese and remaining ingredients, and stir just until blended.

Spoon batter into greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
Yield: 1 dozen

Well put me in a "paper thingie" and call me a Muffin!

No comments:

Post a Comment