About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

HEALTHY ENGLISH MUFFIN FRENCH TOAST

French toast does not always have to be sweeter than maple syrup and loaded with calories. This is a favorite of mine and I am betting that it will be yours too if you are watching out for your figure and heart health.

1 cup egg substitute
1 cup fat-free milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 whole wheat English muffins, split
vegetable cooking spray
fruit of your choice

Whisk together first three ingredients. Place in a large zip-lock bag; add muffins. Seal and chill overnight, turning occasionally.

Remove muffins from bag when ready to cook, and fry in batches in a skillet which has been sprayed with cooking spray, 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden. Serve with a low calorie syrup, and/or fresh fruit. I like these topped with fresh strawberries, blueberries and kiwifruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment