About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

BATTERED CHEDDAR-BACON SANDWICHES

It does not get much better than this! The ham & cheese sandwich gets 'battered' up and fried in butter. Not for the faint of heart....

1 cup coarsely grated sharp Cheddar cheese
3 oz. Canadian bacon, sliced
4 slices firm white bread
2 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons butter

Arrange half of cheese and then all of bacon on 2 slices of bread. Top with remaining cheese and bread.

Beat eggs with salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture, turning over and pressing down until all of egg mixture is absorbed.

Heat butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add sandwiches and cook until browned nicely on the bottom, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn over, pressing lightly, and cook until golden brown on bottom.
Serves 2

"Kissing [ex-boyfriend Dwight Yoakam] is like eating a dirt sandwich."~Sharon Stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment