About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 27, 2010

ARTICHOKE AND CHEESE PIE

You may have never met a pie like this one before. It is decadent and a mushroom and artichoke lovers delight. When I make this I have to restrain myself from eating half of it at one time.

1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon diced celery
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
2 (14oz.) cans artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 (4oz.) can sliced mushrooms, drained
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder and pepper
1 1/4 cups milk
4 eggs
2/3 cup Bisquick
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet. Add onion and next 3 ingredients and saute until tender. Remove from heat and stir in artichoke hearts. Spoon this mixture into a greased 10-inch glass pie dish. Put the sliced mushrooms and the Swiss cheese over this. Combine the milk, eggs, Bisquick, cheese and seasonings in electric blender. Blend 10 seconds or until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Pour over artichoke mixture. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set.
Serves 6

No comments:

Post a Comment