About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 4, 2010

CAJUN-FRIED CORNISH HENS

If you like fried chicken you will love deep-fried Cornish hens. The best part is you have your own bird all to yourself as opposed to the deep-fried turkey that everybody is picking at.

3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon ground red pepper
4 Cornish hens
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1 cup flour
peanut oil

Combine seasonings; rub over inside and outside of hens.

Fill the injector needle of a bulb baster with salad dressing and squirt under the skin of hens. Tie the legs together with kitchen string.

Place flour in a large plastic bag; add hens, one at a time, and shake to coat thoroughly.

Pour oil to a depth of 5 inches into a deep pot of a propane cooker; heat to 350 degrees. Carefully lower hens into hot oil in strainer basket. Fry 18 to 20 minutes until meat thermometer inserted in hen reaches 180 degrees. Remove hens from oil, drain on paper towels.
Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment