About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, March 1, 2010

CHOCOLATE WALNUT EUPHORIA COOKIES

These cookies are a chocolate lover's dream come true. They would surely be a hit at a cookie exchange. Recipe is easily doubled.

12 ozs. semi-sweet chocolate chips ( I use Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet)
3 Tbsp. butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. milk
1 1/4 cups walnuts, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt half the chocolate chips in double boiler or in microwave until smooth. In separate bowl, beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth. Sift together dry ingredients. Stir melted chocolate and milk in butter mixture. Mix in dry ingredients, then remaining chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake 8 minutes.
Yield: 3 dozen

"Chocolate, men, coffee - some things are better rich."-anon

No comments:

Post a Comment