About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, March 8, 2010

FROZEN STRAWBERRY MARGARITA PIE

I think the title speaks for itself!!!!

1 large graham cracker crust
1 lb. strawberries, halved (3 1/2 cups)
1 tablespoon finely grated fresh lime zest
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons tequila
2 tablespoons triple sec
1 1/2 cups chilled heavy cream

Puree strawberries through triple sec in a blender just until smooth, then pour in a large bowl. Beat cream in electric mixer bowl just until it holds stiff peaks. Fold 1/3 cup of cream into strawberry mixture gently but thoroughly to lighten, then fold in remainder in two batches. Pour into crust, mounding slightly, and freeze uncovered, until firm, about 4 hours. Remove from freezer and let soften in refrigerator about 40 minutes before serving. (Should be semi soft) Garnish with small strawberries to serve.

On average, Americans consume 185,000 Margaritas per hour (Brown-Forman, 2008)...I am feeling a little dizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment