About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

MAPLE NUT FUDGE

Semi-sweet chocolate, bittersweet chocolate, maple flavoring and 2 cups of walnuts makes this delicious fudge irresistible.

1/2 stick butter
4 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (11oz.) can evaporated milk
1 (12oz.) pkg. semisweet chocolate chips
8oz. bittersweet chocolate, broken into small pieces
1 (7oz.) jar marshmallow creme
1 teaspoon maple flavoring
2 cups chopped walnuts

Combine butter, sugar, salt and evaporated milk in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil for 7 minutes. Combine the chocolates, marshmallow creme, flavoring and nuts. Slowly add milk mixture and stir with a wooden spoon. Stir vigorously until candy is stiff, may take several minutes. Pour into a well-buttered 9X13 pan. Cover with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate for several hours.
Yield: 2 1/2 lbs.

"Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts."~anon

No comments:

Post a Comment