About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 14, 2010

THAI TOFU & SPICY ASIAN NOODLES

I try to incorporate tofu into my dishes whenever possible due to my need for soy in my diet. Called the perfect food, tofu is made from Soya beans and is high in protein, low in saturated fats and a good source of calcium as well as vitamin E. It is also cholesterol free. Recent studies have also shown that Soya beans and products derived from them may play a role in preventing various types of cancer, particularly breast cancer. It has also been seen to have preventative capacity with regard to osteoporosis and symptoms related to menopause.

1 (8oz.) pkg. linguine
1 (8oz.) pkg. fresh sugar snap peas
2 tablespoons peanut oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 (8oz.) pkg. Thai-flavored or plain tofu cut in cubes
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Cook linguine 5 minutes, add peas, cook 2 minutes.

Combine peanut oil and next 5 ingredients. Drain pasta mixture and return to pan. Stir in peanut sauce and tofu. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Serves 4

"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles."~Rita Rudner

No comments:

Post a Comment