About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 14, 2010

ORANGE-GINGER CHICKEN SLAW

A dressing of orange juice, soy sauce, honey, ginger, toasted sesame oil and crushed red pepper delivers 'WOW' factor from the first bite to the last!

1 (10oz) pkg. angel hair slaw
1 (9oz.) pkg. frozen cooked chopped chicken, thawed
1 cup matchstick carrots
3/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons grated ginger or 2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup honey-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped

Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Combine orange juice and next 6 ingredients in seperate bowl with whisk. Add to slaw. Spoon into individual shallow bowls. Sprinkle evenly with peanuts.
Serves: 4

Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"~Robin Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment