About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 6, 2010

HURRICANE

This recipe comes from Chef John Folse's "Encyclopedia of Creole and Cajun Cuisine", and this is what he has to say about it....'Everyone who visits New Orleans goes to Pat O' Briens for one of his famous Hurricanes. The drink, with its fruit punch taste, has packed a wallop on many unsuspecting parties. To my knowledge, this is the original recipe and not quite the same as the one served at Pat O'Briens today.'

1 ounce of lemon juice
4 ounces dark rum
4 ounces red passion fruit cocktail mix
crushed ice, orange slice for garnish
cherry for garnish

Method: Pour lemon juice, rum, and cocktail mix into a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously 1 to 2 minutes. Pacj crushed ice into a 10-oz. highball glass. Pour drink mixture over crushed ice. Garnish with an orange slice and cherry.
Yield: 1 drink

No comments:

Post a Comment