About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 19, 2009

TREASURE-FILLED COFFEE RING

Brandy Holden Ross is a treasure in and of herself so I deemed this to be the perfect birthday recipe for her today! She is the daughter of Ralph Holden of Newland, NC, whom I grew up next door to. Ralph and his brothers, Gary, and Wayne, were the boys next door and along with my sister Nan, and my brother, Bill, we were thicker than thieves. Those were the days my friends, we thought they'd never end.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup of sugar, 1 Tbsp. grated orange peel, and 1/4 cup chopped pecans; set aside. Cut each of two 3-oz. packages cream cheese, softened, into 10 equal pieces, for a total of 20 pieces cream cheese. Separate each of two 10-oz. cans of refrigerated biscuits into 10 biscuits; separate each biscuit into 2 layers. Place 1 piece of cream cheese between the layers of each biscuit and seal edges. Pour 1 stick of melted butter into a small bowl. Dip each filled biscuit in butter, then in the sugar-pecan mixture. Stand biscuits on edge, overlapping slightly, around a greased 12-cup fluted tube pan. Sprinkle remaining sugar-pecan mixture and drizzle remaining butter over biscuits. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 1 minute; invert onto serving plate.Cool slightly and serve.
Serves 10.

“Wish on everything. Pink cars are good, especially old ones. And stars of course, first stars and shooting stars. Planes will do if they are the first light in the sky and look like stars. Wish in tunnels, holding your breath and lifting your feet off the ground. Birthday candles. Baby teeth.”~ Francesca Lia Block

No comments:

Post a Comment