About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, December 21, 2009

ANNA'S FISH PO' BOYS

Happy Birthday to Anna Lee Stanley!

2 (11oz.) pkgs. frozen Gorton's Southern Fried Country Style Breaded Fish Filets
2 (12-inch) French bread loaves
1 cup mayonnaise
3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp. creole mustard
1 Tbsp. sweet pickle relish
1 tsp. chopped fresh parsley or 1/2 tsp. dried
1/4 tsp dried tarragon
1/2 tsp. hot sauce
lettuce leaves

Bake fish fillets according to directions on package. Set aside and keep warm.
Cut bread in half crosswise. Split each half lengthwise and toast.
Stir together mayonnaise and next 6 ingredients. Spread mixture evenly over cut side of bread halves. Place lettuce and fish on bottom bread halves; top with remaining bread halves. Serve immediately.
Serves 4.

"I will probably begin with a very classy first line... something like: say, sweet thing, can I buy you a fish sandwich?"-Leon Phelps

No comments:

Post a Comment