About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

ROASTED MACADAMIA NUT GROUPER

Grouper just happens to be one of my top 3 favorite fish to eat. It is often called the chameleon of the sea, as it changes in color to protect itself while blending into the rocks and coral. 'The Provision Company' restaurant in Holden's Beach, makes the most wonderful Grouper Salad ever in my humble opinion.
2 slices fresh bread
3/4 cup macadamia nuts, toasted
2 Tbsp. finely minced shallots
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1/4 cup coarse grain mustard
1/4 tsp. Tabasco
4 (4 to 6 oz.) grouper fillets
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease rack and place in baking pan. In food processor, pulse bread to fine crumbs. Remove to bowl and set aside. Place toasted macadamia nuts in food processor, pulse until fine. Add to crumbs. Add shallots and parsley, toss to blend and set aside.
Combine lime juice, mustard, and Tabasco. Coat each fillet with this mixture and place on rack. Pack crumb mixture on top of each fillet. Bake 10 minutes per inch of thickness.
Serves: 4
" I have a lot of chameleon qualities, I get very absorbed in my surroundings."~River Phoenix

No comments:

Post a Comment