About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 17, 2009

NON-DAIRY EGGNOG

Requests keep coming in for dietary restrictive eggnog recipes.....hope this helps out my Alaska friends!
2 10 1/2 oz. pkg. reduced-fat, extra-firm, silken tofu
2 C. reduced-fat soy milk
2/3 C. turbinado sugar, light brown sugar, or Splenda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 C. cold water
1 C. rum or brandy
1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
20 ice cubes
Freshly grated nutmeg

Place the crumbled tofu and the soy milk in a blender with the sugar and salt. Blend until very smooth. Scrape this into a large bowl or pitcher, and whisk in the water, rum or brandy, and vanilla. Mix well, cover, and refrigerate until serving time. To serve, blend half of the mixture in the blender with 10 of the ice cubes until frothy. Repeat with the other half. Serve in glasses with nutmeg sprinkled on top.
Yield: 10 servings

"The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart."~Elisabeth Foley

No comments:

Post a Comment