About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

HOT MULLED CIDER

This is so simple, yet so good. A shot of hot buttered rum would be a welcome addition to those who partake.
1 medium orange, cut into 5 slices
2 quarts apple cider
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon whole allspice
16 whole cloves
10 cinnamon sticks
Cut 2 orange slices into quarters, set aside.
Combine remaining orange slices, cider, sugar, allspice, cloves, and 2 cinnamon sticks in a 3-quart saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Stir well, and pour into coffee mugs; garnish each with a quarter of an orange slice and a cinnamon stick.
Yield: 8 servings.

"Yes, I would be tempted to try your mulled cider with the hard cider."-anon

No comments:

Post a Comment