About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, December 14, 2009

SINFUL GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE

Today is Regina Henson Hood's birthday and I would like to dedicate this most decadent cake to her. Happy Birthday dear girl. Thank you also for being such a wonderful friend to Joielle. We love you!
1 package German chocolate cake mix
1 cup (8oz.) sour cream
3/4 cup water
3 eggs
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
Combine cake mix through vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat on low speed of electric mixer for 30 seconds, then beat for 2 to 3 minutes longer until mixed. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into a 9X13 greased and floured baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool completely, then top with two tubs of Coconut Pecan store-bought frosting.
Serves: 12
“Wish on everything. Pink cars are good, especially old ones. And stars of course, first stars and shooting stars. Planes will do if they are the first light in the sky and look like stars. Wish in tunnels, holding your breath and lifting your feet off the ground. Birthday candles. Baby teeth.”~ Francesca Lia Block

No comments:

Post a Comment