About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, December 21, 2009

CUSTARD-FILLED CORNBREAD

If you love cornbread, then definately try this recipe. Serve it with beef stew.

3 Tbsp. butter-melted
2 cups self-rising flour
3/4 cup self-rising cornmeal
2 large eggs
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups milk
1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons of white vinegar
1 cup fresh or thawed frozen kernal corn
1 cup heavy cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch pan and place in oven to heat. Whisk flour and cornmeal together. Whisk eggs and butter in another bowl, whisk in sugar, milk and vinegar. Add flour mixture and whisk until just smooth. Stir in corn. Transfer to heated pan. Pour cream into center. DO NOT STIR. Bake until golden and set, about 50 minutes. Cool 15 minutes. Remove from pan, serve warm.
Serves 12 to 16.

"Sex is good...but not as good as custard-filled cornbread!"~A.F.

No comments:

Post a Comment