About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 19, 2009

MARTHA HICK'S SWEET POTATO BREAD

1 C. raisins
1 C. pecans (chopped)
*flour in 1/3 C. of flour (you know what to do) (they are optional but really add to the bread, I think); toss the raisins and pecans in the flour
Mix...
3 C. sugar
4 eggs
3 1/3 C. flour
1 C. oil
2/3 C. water
2 tsp. cinn.
2 tsp. nutmeg
2 C. cooked, mashed sweet potatoes (I add more)
add raisins and nuts
Grease and flour pan or pans
Bake 1 hr. 350 degrees
Wrap in foil til cooled-really moist!!!
I got this recipe from a good friend, Debbie Edwards, many years ago. I make it every year for Christmas. Can be made in cans-(I could never get them out!) or make in small loaf pans. You can drizzle cream cheese icing over it or ice entire thing!!! Will be a success!!!

"I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich."~Dan Wilcox

No comments:

Post a Comment