About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

PUMPKIN POUND CAKE

Today is Robbin Trice's birthday. Robbin and I have been friends for many years. My sister Nan, is married to her uncle Ray Trice, Bud's brother. She is one of the nicest people have have ever known in my life and I wish only beautiful thoughts for her today and every day.
1 (16oz.) pkg. pound cake mix
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup water
2 eggs
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. baking soda
TOPPING:
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 tsp. butter, melted
In mixing bowl combine all cake ingredients. Beat on low speed of electric mixer for 30 seconds; then beat for 2 more minutes until batter is smooth. Pour half of mixture into a greased 9-inch baking pan.
Combine all the topping ingredients and sprinkle half the mixture over the cake batter. Carefully spread with remaining batter. Sprinkle with remaining topping.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
Serves: 9
"Friends are family you choose for yourself."-anon

No comments:

Post a Comment