About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Friday, December 18, 2009

KRISTOPHER GINGERBREAD

Made my first from this-'the best gingerbread recipe ever'-with my grandson, Kristopher Lane Calhoun, on Wednesday, January 4th, 2006. He was so proud of it that I named it after him. I told him that he was the only boy in the world that had a gingerbread named after him. His face lit up like a Christmas tree.


2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
2 tablespoons ground ginger
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
2 eggs
2/3 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar flavored corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter
1 cup boiling water


Blend flour with ginger and cinnamon with a wire whisk. Add the remaining ingredients being sure to put the boiling water in last. Mix well. Pour into a 9X13-inch pan sprayed with Pam for cakes. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Serves 15.

“Had I but a penny in the world, thou shouldst have it for gingerbread.”~William Shakespeare (1564-1616)

No comments:

Post a Comment