About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, December 21, 2009

AMBER GLOW

This easy to make appetizer is a hit every time you serve it. I am dedicating it today to Amber Williams. It is her birthday and I thought that this would be the perfect recipe for her. Love you Amber, and appreciate all the good work you do with the Boy scouts. They are very lucky to have you!

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 (10oz.) apricot preserves
1 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. prepared horseradish
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup salted peanuts
crackers

Press cream cheese into a small plastic bowl or butter tub. Loosen the edges and invert onto the center of a shallow serving dish. Smooth surface with a spatula. Mix preserves through red pepper flakes. Pour over cream cheese. Sprinkle with nuts. Serve with crackers.


"The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age."~Lucille Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment